VGA splitter cable

Following the installation of a security camera system, I wanted to connect a second VGA monitor in a separate room from the NVR. I decided to use a VGA splitter cable (1 male 15-pin VGA to 2 female 15-pin VGA connectors) and a 25 Feet VGA cable to connect to this second monitor. Thus, the connection diagram looks like this:

VGA splitter cable: splits VGA output signal from NVR to two monitors

I tested the video quality on both monitors, and as soon as I connected the second monitor, you could notice a slight decrease in brightness on both monitors. Something I expected since the splitter cable doesn't come with an in-built signal booster. Thus you are loosing power when the original signal is split in two.

In my case, the slight decrease in brightness doesn't bother me, but if you find that the quality of the video signal is too bad (e.g. blurry video, video too dark), then I suggest to buy a VGA splitter cable with an integrated signal booster.

Also, since the NVR comes also with an HDMI output, you could connect multiple TVs with a HDMI splitter with 2 outputs and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Install the MAMP (Mac, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack

Deactivate conda's base environment on startup

Product review: SMONET wireless security camera system